P2P Lending Netherlands. There is no specific regulation for donation and reward based crowdfunding. In 2014 lending and equity based platforms have to register at the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) in order to get a licence to operate or an exemption for this license. More than 60 platforms are now registered. As per April 1, 2016, the Dutch regulatory framework applicable to loan based crowdfunding and equity based crowdfunding has been amended. Investment limits applicable to lending and equity based crowdfunding platforms are doubled to €40.000 (equity based) and €80.000 (based loan) respectively. Platforms need to conduct an investors test in order to assess whether the investment is sound for this particular retail investor.
P2P Lending Netherlands: TOP 5 P2P Platforms
- Kickstarter officially launched in 2014 in the Netherlands. Kickstarter is an enormous global community built around creativity and creative projects. Over 10 million people, from every continent on earth, have backed a Kickstarter project.
- Symbid is an equity based platform that launched in 2011 and is one of the first equity crowdfunding platforms in the world. So far Symbid has funded over 130 businesses via equity crowdfunding. In total for over €13 mln. Based on years of experience, everyday they help startups and growing businesses with the funding they need, so they can realize their entrepreneurial dream.
- GeldVoorElkaar is the largest P2P business lending platform and started in 2010. SME entrepreneurs and real estate investors find financing via Geldvoorelkaar.nl, the largest crowdfunding platform in the Netherlands. So that they can focus on their ambitions and the growth of their companies. Thanks to Geldvoorelkaar.nl, entrepreneurs can start a new franchise location, build up larger stocks, buy an inland vessel, commercial real estate or a new machine.
- VoorDeKunst is a donation based platform for the creative sector, founded in 2010. Voordekunst provides advice, supervises crowdfunding campaigns and helps to achieve the goals of artists and the creative sector. Donors can contribute directly and easily to the project of their choice via their website. With small and large donations from private individuals and companies, more than 2000 projects have already been successfully financed through front art.
- Oneplanetcrowd launched in 2012, it offers loans and convertible loans to sustainable project through its platform. Oneplanetcrowd strives for as much synergy as possible with the financial group StartGreen Capital, of which Oneplanetcrowd is a part. StartGreen Capital has been investing in sustainable companies and energy projects since 2006. In addition, Oneplanetcrowd has a strong network of partners with whom it works closely. These include ASN Bank and Rabobank, among others.
Next post about P2P lending in Estonia
P2P Lending Netherlands: TOP 5 P2P Platforms review is written by Tomas Medeckis